- Click on Central dropdown -> Stock Levels
If this is the first time you have setup realtime stock control, you need to enter the actual stock levels of all your products - you can even define the minimum and maximum quantity of products that can be ordered in this dialog.
- Click on the "Settings..." button if you want to change the stock display type into the exact number of stock level instead of using the "traffic light" -> click OK
- Once you start selling products online it is important that you follow the steps below to synchronize your actual online stock file first before editing the stock levels.
IMPORTANT: When you open the stocks dialog box, you need to click on the “UPDATE STOCK LEVELS...” button to synchronize the online stock. The online stock must first be synched by downloading the latest online stock file.
- Once the online stock is synched, you can now start editing the actual stock levels of your shop.
- If you have updated stock levels of your products, you will need to click on the “UPDATE STOCK LEVELS...” button to upload the local stock file to your server. If your shop has also been updated, click YES if a prompt shows to also publish your shop.
Please ensure that you click on “UPDATE STOCK LEVELS...” button to synchronize the online stock before manually changing the stock levels of your products.
If you are not seeing your stock levels or stock traffic light in your online shop, then ensure your hosting account supports PHP and that you have successfully uploaded your stock file.
Check if online stock file exists, for example, http://test-app.shopfactory.com/contents/stkcontrol/stkLevelLog/stkLevel.txt
The stock file is located in this patch on your Host:
Follow the suggestions below to refresh your local stock file:
1) Close ShopFactory and then delete stkLevel.txt and stkCacheAll.txt files from the shop folder
Remove the stkLevel.txt and stkCacheAll.txt files from the shop folder and try again:
- Close ShopFactory
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your shop folder. By default, SF projects are stored in “My Documents\ShopFactory V12 Websites” folder
- Open your shop folder and then delete these files:
2) IMPORTANT: Please carefully follow this step as this will regenerate your stkLevel.txt file:
- Open your shop in ShopFactory
- Important: Click the Central dropdown -> then hold down CTRL key on your keyboard whilst clicking on Stock Levels
- Then click on “Update stock levels...” button
- Publish your shop again if a prompt shows to publish your shop as well.
- Once the shop has been published, click OK on the Stock Levels dialog to exit.
Please note that:
1. stkLevel.txt file is the one that gets published and updated when an order is made.
- If this file goes missing in your shop project folder, the stklevel.txt will be re-generated when the "Update stock levels..." (Publish) button is clicked within the "Stock Levels" dialog.
2. stkCacheAll.txt file is a cache file that ShopFactory creates/uses for display of the stock dialog.
- If this file is missing, the stkCacheAll.txt is created upon opening the stock dialog.
- Click Central dropdown -> Stock Levels dialog -> and then stkCacheAll.txt will be created.
- If you click on "Update stock levels..." button, the stkLevel.txt file is created.