SEO is the process of improving visibility based on the content on your website – this includes department pages, articles and products. SEO is specifically up to the end-user of ShopFactory to build their site with SEO content in mind.
SEO’ing your site takes into account: your page content including – text, meta-tags, images, alt. tags on images, and file names – and how these are arranged on each of your pages, and through-out your site.
In ShopFactory, the ALT attribute can be set in your Image dialog
You should update your Alt Tags / Image Tip for images as they are used for a number of protocols:
- Open your shop in ShopFactory
- At the left tree menu, select a page with Products
- Select a product and click on EDIT PRODUCT
- Click on the image button to open the Image dialog
- Add a proper SCREENTIP - this is used as Alt image tag
If you have added some Link Image Groups - then you also need to edit the Screentip:
- Select the page with Link Image Group
- Click EDIT PAGE
- Click on PROPERTIES button (top right)
- Select Link Image Group 1 for example, and then double click existing image links and add the screentip - refer to attached screenshot: screentip-linkimage-dialog.png
If you have inline images, then EDIT the image and add the ALT text in the TITLE section.
"Note: the term "alt tag" is a commonly used abbreviation of what's actually an altattribute on an img tag. For any image on your site, the alt tag should describe what's on it. Screen readers for the blind and visually impaired will read out this text and thus make your image accessible."
Please note that we offer SEO Tools app service - simply enable the APP in your account and one of our SEO experts will contact you with more information -
Signup to our SEO app service, https://app.santu.com/buynow/plan/extraservice