Selling in multiple languages easier than ever
A completely reworked LanguageLink in our latest ShopFactory 12 release makes translating and managing Websites in multiple languages easier than ever.
We have fully integrated this powerful translation tool with the new drag and drop content block editor. So now you can use and translate content blocks in any language. A nifty little function even allows you to copy and drag blocks from the original language to the translation language for easy translation of newly added blocks in the original language.
Check out the video to see, how that works.
A vastly improved user interface brings LanguageLink up to the standards of ShopFactory 12. It makes accessing functions easier, and allows you for example to set up which pages and products should be available in which language.
If you have enabled other langauges using the "navigation languages"; then you should also set these languages as translation languages.
1) Check that you have ticked the languages you want to enable in your shop by selecting "Allow navigation of your site in multiple languages" option under Languages drop-down menu.
2) Then go to the Language toolbar, click the "Copy base language value" button to make the page and products visible for translation to other languages. This button can be On or Off. A border around it indicates it is ON.
3) If this button is set to ON, all items which have not been translated into another language, will have the default language copied across.
So if you are translating an English website into Dutch for example, and you have not translated some paragraphs, then these paragraphs will display the English text (if that is the shop’s primary language).
4) Now, go to Languages menu -> Translation languages -> enable the language you want -> click OK
Follow the steps below to translate your pages and products:
- Open shop in ShopFactory
- Click LANGUAGES menu
- Select “Translation languages” and tick all the languages you want to enable in your shop
- From the language toolbar, you also need to enable “Copy Base Language Value”. A border around it indicates it is ON.
If this button is set to ON, all items which have not been translated into another language, will have the default language copied across.
5) Once you have done all of the above steps, please translate the pages and products in your shop.
Example on translating a page:
- At the left tree menu, click on the page you want to translate
- Click on the TRANSLATE CONTENT button on the language toolbar
- Select the language you want to translate into
- Click on the TRANSLATE button of the page
- You can now change the Page Title, Introduction, Description, edit images. etc.
- You can also edit the image and it’s linked image as well as link box image (products linked to other pages) – click on the EDIT button of each image.
- Once you are finished, click NEXT button on the top right of the page to proceed to the next product and translate it.
6) To change the company logo in other languages, click on the Translate Website from the Language Toolbar – click EDIT button under the Company Image section