ShopFactory allows you to simply delete the products from the page/s they are contained in and still be able to re-use it at a later stage. If you delete a product from a page, ShopFactory removes it from the page and still shows it in the "LIST OF CONTENTS". If you want to completely remove these products, you must go to the "List of Contents" and delete it from there to move it to the "Recycle Bin".
- Open shop in ShopFactory and then locate the page where the product you want to delete is contained. Select the product and press Delete key.
- Deleting a product from a page does not put this product straight into the Recycle Bin. This only removes the product from the page. To completely remove the product in your shop, you need to move it to the recycle bin.
You need to do the following:
- At the left tree menu, click “List of Contents” (see screenshot - #1)
- Sort the products according to “Contained In” field by clicking the field title (see screenshot - #2)
- Select all the products that have been deleted. You will know that the product has been deleted if it shows blank/empty “Contained in” information
- This will move the products in the Recycle Bin. Click Yes when a prompt appears
- Right click Recycle Bin and click “Empty Recycle Bin”
- Optional: Click Settings menu -> enable "Rebuild All"
- Save shop and then preview in External Browser
The product that you have deleted should be totally removed from your shop.
IMPORTANT: To remove the deleted products from your server, you MUST follow the steps provided in the FAQ provided below:
Cleanup Unused Files On the Server: Deleted product/page still shows up online when searched in Google