To use the "Combine multiple shipping providers" option, please follow the steps below:
- Open shop in ShopFactory
- Click on the "Central" dropdown button (Properties) -> Select Shipping Charges
- Select "Use a Provider"
- Click "Next" button
- Select "Combine Multiple Shipping Providers" - Note: you can still use this option even if you are only using one realtime shipping provider
- If you are setting up for the first time, you may need to enter your ShopFactory username and password -> then click "Next"
- Ensure you have entered the required fields accordingly i.e. select the correct weight unit, merchant Post Code/Zipcode is filled-in, merchant address if it is needed, etc.
- To combine several shipping providers, tick each shipping provider in the setup dialog
- Enter your account details for each shipping provider
- Setup your shipping preferences for each shipping provider - tick all the shipping methods that apply to your merchant account.
- Click "Save Settings" button
- Preview your shop in External browser. Place a test order to check how shipping rates are calculated at checkout
IMPORTANT: Publish your shop again so that the changes are uploaded online.
Useful Shipping provider notes:
1) USPS shipping:
You need to sign up for a USPS WebTools account
Refer to our KB article, http://support.shopfactory.com/kayako/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=396
2) Canada Post shipping:
Note: You must contact Canada Post to set-up an online merchant access Business Account - they will direct you to do this online yourself through their website - it only takes a few minutes.
Then you must request an API "USERNAME" for the "Web / Online Rate Calculation API".
This API username is NOT the same as your Canada Post "Account ID" nor the "Web Login ID" that you may have set-up already. Canada Post must set-up your API access for your account directly/manually on their end - then they will provide you with the API Username.
The API username may be similar to: "cpc_XXXXXX" or other User ID that you then setup in ShopFactory for setting up real time shipping rate calculations.
3) DHL Express shipping:
You need to contact DHL Express to obtain your credentials (Account Numer, Site ID, and password).
4) UPS Access Key
Plese refer to our KB article, http://support.shopfactory.com/kayako/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=4153